UPDATE: Monday 24 January
I’ll be bringing a few further items for sale on Tuesday evening, including:
- Additional wagons, I will probably have about 60 in total.
- ID Backscenes – a couple of self-adhesive backdrops – new
- A small set of horses
- Quite a lot of used Peco track including setrack points in good working order for just £5 each!
- Assorted Peco flexible track, various lengths up to almost 3ft, for 60p per foot or less.
- 3 yards of concrete track at £2 each
- 2 yards of ordinary track at £2.50 each
- A selection of assembled buildings and stations, mainly Metcalfe.
We all love Peco track, but…
Are you, like me, a ‘dyed in the wool’ Peco track user? Well, having seen Richard’s little lockdown project, chatted at length with a friend from North Island and read many articles, I was persuaded that I should not disregard Kato track. I took a look at it online. To me it looked very much like the very first Triang OO gauge track which came out back in the ’50s!
Well, I was offered a fair selection of well used Kato track for a reasonable sum. I’ll bring it along to the meeting and we can lay out a circuit of about 9 ft by 2.5 ft with a passing loop. I’ve an old Gaugemaster controller to hook up to it, so we can see how it goes. We can probably have it up and running in 15 minutes or so! Why not bring a loco and some of your rolling stock and see how it runs on Kato.
See you Tuesday evening, Colin